Please refer to our allergen section for information on allergy advice. All products are made on the same equipment and while we make our best effort in cleaning the equipment, our products may still contain traces of soy, dairy, and nuts.
Below are some of the frequently-asked questions on our chocolates. If you have any further questions, please get in touch.
Some of our filled chocolates contain alcohol. The following chocolates are completely free from alcohol:
- Akureyri - Arctic Thyme Caramel
- Bogota - Coffee Panela Caramel
- Bangkok - Mango & Passion Fruit Caramel
- Boston - Peanut & Raspberry
- Copenhagen - Salt & Malt Caramel (Panela) in Dark Chocolate
- Hanoi - Ginger Caramel
- Hong Kong - Soy Caramel
- Oslo - Salt Caramel (Panela) in Milk Chocolate
- Turin - Hazelnut Gianduja
- Shanghai - Sesame Crunch
- Stockholm - Salt & Malt Caramel (Panela) in White Chocolate
Our dark chocolate Tablettes, lemon and passion fruit pâte de fruits Chocwich, Salmoran and three of our filled chocolates ("Grytviken" (Whisky water ganache), "Turin" (Hazelnut Gianduja) and "Penang" (Coconut & Pandan)) do not contain any dairy nor animal products. These products are also suitable for vegan. The sugar we use do not contain any animal substance.
The following products are not suitable for vegetarians and vegans:
- All our marshmallow Chocwich, as they contain gelatine. (Note - our pâte de fruits Chocwich are made with pectin)
- Our raspberry pate de fruits Chocwich, as the colour used on the pattern is E120 (Carmine)
In addition, the following products are not suitable for vegans:
- All our filled chocolates (except "Grytviken" - Whisky (Water Ganache), "Turin" - Hazelnut Gianduja and "Penang" - Coconut & Pandan), as they contain dairy.
Our filled chocolates do not have any gluten-containing ingredients, with the exception of the following flavours:
- Copenhagen (Salt & Malt Caramel in Dark Chocolate) which contains malt
- London (Stout Caramel Chocolate) which is made with a malt/barley based stout
- Hong Kong (Soy Caramel Chocolate) which contains wheat
- Stockholm (Salt & Malt Caramel in White Chocolate) which contains malt
We do not claim to be gluten-free solely because we do not produce our chocolates in a dedicated gluten-free environment, and we do not routinely test our facility for gluten level below 20 parts per million of gluten. For information about gluten and gluten-free labelling, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Please refer to our allergen page for the products that contain peanuts or tree nuts. While other products do not contain any nuts as ingredients, please note that we do not produce our chocolate products in a nut-free environment.
The following chocolate products do not contain any soy lecithin:
- Filled Chocolates - Please refer to the Allergen Information page for information on the filled chocolates that do not contain soy lecithin.
All our other chocolate products contain a small amount of soy lethicin.
Soy lecithin is an emulsifier included in the chocolate we use from some of our manufacturers. Soy lecithin prevents cocoa butter from separating from the other cocoa ingredients. It also plays a major part in determining how thick or thin a chocolate is and how it flows, and so it is important in how well the chocolates can be made.
According to the Allergy UK website, many people can tolerate soya lecithin since it is a fatty substance and contains very little soya protein.
In addition, the following products contain soy as the soya sauce and miso are made from soya beans:
- Filled Chocolates:
- Caramel Sauce:
We do not make anything that is sugar-free or specifically for diabetics. The recommendation from Diabetes.co.uk is portion control (ie limit the amount of chocolates consumed) and go for dark chocolates which have higher cocoa content. Please refer to Diabetes UK position statement for more information regarding diabetic food.