Duck a L'orange is a classic dish. The citrus fruit flavour marries well with the meat, and here's a simple variation of the dish, using our yuzu caramel sauce to give the dish a sweet citrus flavour. The secret in the dish lies in having a crisp duck skin.
- Use the sharp end of the knife, prick the skin on the duck breasts - this is the secret to have a more crispy skin.
- Season with salt & pepper, and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Heat the frying pan to low to medium heat and place the duck breasts onto the pan, skin side down.
- Just leave it to pan fry for 10-15 minutes (depending on how rare or well done you want the meat). Quickly turn the breasts over and pan-fry the meat side for the last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Put the meat on a plate and spread the yuzu caramel sauce over the skin side. Leave it to rest for 10 minutes, before serving
- Serve with your favourite potatoes and vegetables - we suggest chips and carrots cooked in orange juice.